So you want to know how to perform a traditional Plattian marriage. Well, in order to be married in this way, you must follow these steps TO THE LETTER. Read this carefully before you proceed, because failure to fully complete will result in a terrible curse.
- Sit your partner down and explain to them your belief system. In order to be in accordance with the Plattian Gods, you must believe in the Balance of the Universe. Your fiancé/fiancée must also believe in this in order to be married in this manner. This does not mean that you cannot be married if they do not adopt your religious/philosophical beliefs, just that you cannot be married under the law of Luna*.
- Find a priestess. You cannot be married unless you find a priestess who is ordained in the law of Luna*.
- Find a viable temple or natural altar. There are very few temples on earth that are specific to the Balance, but any modern temple or church will do. However, most priestesses practice in nature and a natural altar will be preferred by the law of Luna, because your souls connect easier in natural places. You cannot be married in a place that is not holy, i.e. a bar or a restaurant.
- Schedule the wedding on a new moon phase. Luna works by the moon phases, especially when women are involved, as they are more effected by the phases of the moon. The full moon is full of life and power. It also is bright, and will help light the wedding as it grows dark outside (if it isn’t already dark).
- Find four young girls. They are here to sit facing the four cardinal directions, wearing the solstice and equinox attire. They should be under 12, but they do not have to be the same age, nor is there a specific age per direction.
- Wearing white.
- Wearing yellow or orange and a flower in her hair.
- Wearing pink with a flower in her hair.
- Wearing orange or brown with leaves in her hair.
- If female: Find a shin length gown made of white fabric, no other requirements. If male: Find any robes or gowns made for men that are light in color, no other requirements.
- Shop for silver wedding bands. Silver mirrors the moon and harnesses a small amount of the power. It is always to good to fill your wedding symbol with the power of love. Simple is better but go all out if you want.
- Choose a tattoo. The law of Luna requires that you get matching tattoos**. It does not matter what you choose, but you must have one.
- Invite guests. And tell them to bring vegetarian dishes (because a new life should not be tainted with dead flesh) and dress casual.
- Go the week before the wedding and meditate in the venue. You want to be one with the place you will be joined together in.
- Go the day before and decorate the venue with flowers.
- Go the next day, at 7pm, sharp, and get married.
- The next full moon, as is written in the law of Luna, pray for love.
And that is all it takes. If you have read this far, I am happy to inform you that you are qualified to be married, and any and all of your offspring will be incredibly powerful and intelligent. Enjoy your life together!
*”law of Luna” is referencing a religious text outlining the rules that Queen Luna put in place. The text can be summarized into three main points. (1) Live with love in your heart, (2) never swing first, and (3) if it isn’t worth going to great lengths, then it isn’t worth anything.
**Chapter 12 line 5 “A man can wash away paint, and a woman can discard a garment. To misplace your love is one thing, but to deliberately sit it aside is another. Make a permanent mark for loyalty in the loyal, and shame in the shameful. What is yours is yours alone.”