- 3000: Luna and Sol marry, beginning a reign of terror over creatures unlike gods. Luna wants a child but Sol refuses to give her one. She cheats on him with a charming stranger, bearing twins, and lying about their origin.
- 3102: Anika and Adrian take the throne after the accidental death of their father. Anika begins freeing angel slaves, and the kingdom is unhappy about this. A mysterious stranger decides to intervene, seducing Adrian in order to get to Anika and overthrow her.
- 3109: The stranger reveals his name and face. Nathaniel successfully overthrows Anika. Anika makes friends with an angel, an ancient warrior, and a hybrid whilst roaming the Aigon Forest. Anika moves in with the hybrid, Otirik, and they marry.
- 3112: Otirik and Anika have two year old twins, and a war is brewing. Platt lies in ruins and most of the gods are dead, aside from Anika who is in Aigon, Adrian, who became disillusioned and is now locked away, and Kitten, who is going her own way, completely unaware.
- 3115: Kitten has married and given birth to a baby girl, with Slenderman. She is visited by the angel Jasper, whom she is unaware is working for Nathaniel, who asks her to consider arranging a marriage between her daughter and his newborn brother. She agrees. She finds out that Anika is living near her, and goes to meet her, catching up and agreeing to raise her children should something happen to them.
- 3117: Jasper follows kitten when she is visiting Anika, finding where she lives and calling an army to destroy them. Kitten flees with the children, and Anika and Otirik are slain by Nathaniel’s own hand.
- 3125: Estrella becomes the new queen while Nathaniel slinks back into the shadows. Her brother grows jealous and kills her, then kills himself out of guilt. With nobody left, the line of demigods remains as the royal class, desperate to claim the power they once knew, leaving them open to the hardships and manipulation Nathaniel is so good at.
- 3126: Emily gives birth to a girl who is the love child of her and her betrothed. But she falls in love with another, driving Orion mad, until he is intent to kill them. But instead he ends up killed, or believed so. His body was never found.
- 3152: Many uneventful years passed, and then Sapphire met a stranger. He was charming mysterious, and altogether dangerous. She ran away with him, leaving no trace.
So you want to know how to perform a traditional Plattian marriage. Well, in order to be married in this way, you must follow these steps TO THE LETTER. Read this carefully before you proceed, because failure to fully complete will result in a terrible curse.
- Sit your partner down and explain to them your belief system. In order to be in accordance with the Plattian Gods, you must believe in the Balance of the Universe. Your fiancé/fiancée must also believe in this in order to be married in this manner. This does not mean that you cannot be married if they do not adopt your religious/philosophical beliefs, just that you cannot be married under the law of Luna*.
- Find a priestess. You cannot be married unless you find a priestess who is ordained in the law of Luna*.
- Find a viable temple or natural altar. There are very few temples on earth that are specific to the Balance, but any modern temple or church will do. However, most priestesses practice in nature and a natural altar will be preferred by the law of Luna, because your souls connect easier in natural places. You cannot be married in a place that is not holy, i.e. a bar or a restaurant.
- Schedule the wedding on a new moon phase. Luna works by the moon phases, especially when women are involved, as they are more effected by the phases of the moon. The full moon is full of life and power. It also is bright, and will help light the wedding as it grows dark outside (if it isn’t already dark).
- Find four young girls. They are here to sit facing the four cardinal directions, wearing the solstice and equinox attire. They should be under 12, but they do not have to be the same age, nor is there a specific age per direction.
- Wearing white.
- Wearing yellow or orange and a flower in her hair.
- Wearing pink with a flower in her hair.
- Wearing orange or brown with leaves in her hair.
- If female: Find a shin length gown made of white fabric, no other requirements. If male: Find any robes or gowns made for men that are light in color, no other requirements.
- Shop for silver wedding bands. Silver mirrors the moon and harnesses a small amount of the power. It is always to good to fill your wedding symbol with the power of love. Simple is better but go all out if you want.
- Choose a tattoo. The law of Luna requires that you get matching tattoos**. It does not matter what you choose, but you must have one.
- Invite guests. And tell them to bring vegetarian dishes (because a new life should not be tainted with dead flesh) and dress casual.
- Go the week before the wedding and meditate in the venue. You want to be one with the place you will be joined together in.
- Go the day before and decorate the venue with flowers.
- Go the next day, at 7pm, sharp, and get married.
- The next full moon, as is written in the law of Luna, pray for love.
And that is all it takes. If you have read this far, I am happy to inform you that you are qualified to be married, and any and all of your offspring will be incredibly powerful and intelligent. Enjoy your life together!
*”law of Luna” is referencing a religious text outlining the rules that Queen Luna put in place. The text can be summarized into three main points. (1) Live with love in your heart, (2) never swing first, and (3) if it isn’t worth going to great lengths, then it isn’t worth anything.
**Chapter 12 line 5 “A man can wash away paint, and a woman can discard a garment. To misplace your love is one thing, but to deliberately sit it aside is another. Make a permanent mark for loyalty in the loyal, and shame in the shameful. What is yours is yours alone.”
Luna is my mother, and her late husband Sol was my father. When Luna passed away, her teachings became the focus of the Balance. She is the expert on the belief, and she is who I ask for guidance, who I call for in my times of need. She is the keeper of souls, and the giver of soul, creating, giving, and watching over all of the souls on the earth. She has absolutely no control over what you do with them, but she is responsible for providing the world with those incredibly beautiful and talented souls.
Despite my mother’s short lived power while my brother and I grew up and learned the ways of royalty, she made a lot of important changes in how our government works and how the Plattians viewed our greatest allies, and paved the way for Adrian and I to finally free the angels from the shackles our father put them in. The angels are a separate race, a race created as messengers and warriors for Platt, but after a while, they grew to despise this role. When many of them rebelled, Sol enslaved them and forced them to do his bidding.
Mother disagreed with his plan, but having no power, she could not change the fate of the angels for a long time. When my father passed away, my mother created for them a place of their own to live, and freed them from their prisons, but try as she could, she couldn’t reverse his spell that compelled them to do his bidding.
Luna is very powerful and wise her ability to create and to be compassionate, but she lacks any power in others. Nevertheless, without her, I couldn’t have ended the war and eventually freed them. Her effort and her morals make her my ultimate hero.
I never realized just how clueless the human race is. We can have entire wars, the battles raging around them, the wounded soldiers sleeping in their houses and feeding on their livestock, and yet, not a single human caught on long enough to inform the world that there are gods and goddesses.
The Angels war lasted for a thousand years, and I made many friends amongst my supposed enemies. It was never my decision to enslave them, not in my interest to hold them back from their happiness.
Fighting for the angels while maintaining the trust of my beloved kingdom was a constant struggle. My own brother –the boy that I grew up playing with, the boy who told me all of his secrets, the boy who was supposed to help me and rule alongside me- despised me.
Imagine my surprise and the sheer terror that I experienced when I met his lover for the first time. Adrian had been keeping their relationship a secret, and at first, I thought it was because he is gay. I assured him that the kingdom would be proud of their young leader, regardless of sexuality, but he never did tell them.
I started becoming suspicious when I realized that they never met within the city of Platt, or even on the spiritual plane. He would arrive home, pretending to be tired, hiding their notes in his inner coat pocket. I nearly begged him to let me meet this mystery man, but he would just look away, his shaggy dark hair falling into his face, and he mumbled, “In time, in time.”
My brother has the opposite powers of me so that we may keep the balance of the earth together. That being said, the god of death and decay is not required to look the part. My brother has always been rather handsome, though a bit pale, but healthy in size and shape. His eyes are a deep shade of red, a striking color against the paleness of his skin and the darkness of his hair. A color of Life, and Vitality.
I started to notice the difference when my brother started to look thinner and more fragile, and the paleness was less the color of a sculpture and more the color of a corpse. His eyes changed too, darkening and becoming almost black, and when I would look into his eyes –which was rare because he never met my gaze anymore –they were so hollow.
It was mid-festival of springtime, and he hadn’t appeared before the kingdom as he should have. My heart was racing as I scrambled around to find him, afraid that something terrible had happened to him, concerned about his current state of health. I saw him then, letting in a cloaked figure.
I rushed to meet them, rushed to stop them, and was greeted by an angry, hollow shell that somewhat resembled my brother and a very tall, very handsome, and very human man. His smile made my heart flutter, yet there was something uncanny about him. He grabbed me hard by the wrist –it shouldn’t have hurt me, he is only mortal –and escorted me inside with my brother.
“I have long awaited our meeting.” He paced back and forth in front of me. “But I can’t say I was ready to do this so soon.” His face was now inches from mine, and I could see the storm raging in his soul. “I’m going to turn this place around because you have ruined it. And I am going to kill you one day, sometime soon, but not today.”
Without much of a warning, two of the guards, my guards, my friends, took me to the edge of the city. My brother watched on, emotionless, or perhaps helpless, as I pled with them to just let me be. I could see the struggle in their eyes, the sheer terror. They were no longer in control, and I had to accept my fate.
They threw me down from Platt, and I landed in the middle of Aigon forest. I was laying there for days, healing my wounds and my broken heart. Once I was able, I stood, and I wandered throughout the forest, until I met the people that I now call my family. That’s how I got here.
My dear sister, I am so sorry for what I’ve done. I’ve fallen prey to an ancient predator, one you could not imagine. He’s going to be difficult to fight, but I believe in you. I always did.
If anyone can end his reign of terror before it begins, it is you, Anika.
I’m not sure you’ll get this, and I’ll likely be dead when you do. Just know this, the day they kill me is the day our good city falls. If we cannot restore the balance, none shall enter.
Swiftly, dearest sister.
Kill that sonofabitch.
Direct Plattian Line
|Luna||Goddess of creation and creativity; married to Sol; mother of the twins Anika and Adrian.|
|Sol||God of war and of kings; husband of Luna; father of twins Anika and Adrian|
|Anglios||God of hunting and animals; married to Liola; father of Kitty/Kitten|
|Anika||Goddess of health and fertility; married to Otirik; mother of twins Estrella and Auditore|
|Adrain||God of destruction and decay; love interest is Nathaniel|
|Estrella||Goddess of maturity and age|
|Auditore||God of flight and freedom; love interest is Angel Prince, Neko|
Indirect Plattian Line (demigods)
|Liola||A beautiful Neko woman; sorceress; mother of Kitty/Kitten; married to Anglios|
|Kitty/Kitten||Neko demigoddess and sorceress; mother of Emily; married to Slenderman|
|Emily||Neko demigoddess; warrior and slender; mother of Sapphire; dating Josh|
|Sapphire||Neko demigoddess; ultimate weapon;
Mother of Burrito; unmarried (father unknown)
|Burrito (Bo)||Neko demigod; warrior and sorcerer; father of Caprella and “mother” of Bobo; engaged to Taco|
|Caprella||Neko demigoddess and dragon warrior|
|Bobo||Alter-dimensional child of Burrito and Taco|
|Tem Digit||Neko psychic; history fanatic; widowed; father of Dylia|
|Dylia||Neko sorceress; last living Plattian; love interest Yhorm; deceased before reproducing|
Unrelated (not a relative of the generation they are from)
|Oracle||Sorcerer and fate|
|Nathaniel||Evil human, specialties are lying manipulation; love interest of Adrian|
|Otirik||Half angel, half demon, with slight regenerative properties; married to Anika|
|Zaika||The angel queen, mother of Neko|
|Neko||Angel prince and key weapon in most fights|
|Akito||Neko’s evil brother, one whose power nearly parallels Nathaniel’s|
|Slenderman||Come on, everyone already knows what he can do, married to Kitty|
|Josh||Bionic human, married to Emily|
|Orion||Mute angel boy, father of Emily’s child Sapphire|
|Jasper, Michael, Gabriel, Lucifer, Alexander, and Jacob||Orion’s six brothers, all equally interesting, but not as important|
|Valu||Last remaining fairy prince and at one point, a lover of Neko’s|
|Taco, Tac Nayn and Nyan Cat||Indescribable, mysterious brothers, living separately but together, recycled through life over and over again. Taco is engaged to Burrito.|
|King||Burrito’s half brother, best friend, and worst enemy. Nathaniel’s son. Mated to Della.|
|Della||Caprella’s ex-battle dragon and mother of Burtal, Yorum, and Capi.|
|Ty||Anthropomorphic friend of Bo’s, Neko’s last lover|
|Bruja||A cursed witch who attaches herself relentlessly to unsuspecting customers who are looking to buy pretty masks from her souvenir shop|
|Mos||A powerful mask enthusiast and hardcore stalker of King|
|Burrodilla||Technically Plattian, but does not exist in the timeline of the universe that we follow. Female version of Burrito and true mother of Bobo|
|Emrel||Leviathan or sea serpent. He’s friendly though. Mated to Sehla the fish.|
|Sehla the fish||An attractive fish who loves to make people feel good|
|Yhorm||From one of the Dark Souls games, takes on a different tone, and has a magical necklace that can make him human|
|Dylia (reincarnated)||Dylia in her new body, completely human|
|Dylain||Dylia’s son, an infant in the current timeline|
|Mia||Yhorm and Dylia’s daughter, who grew up to look just like her father.|
Adrian paced back and forth across the Planning Room floor, gazing at the map of Aigon. Twenty-three hours before, he had decided to kill his own twin sister. But now he had his doubts about ending her life. Without growth and health, there was nothing to destroy, and therefore, nothing to truly gain from this great loss.
The door finally opened, and Nathaniel entered the room with his hand wrapped. He’d already helped himself to a highly decorated set of Plattian armor.
Adrian shook his head slowly. “I can’t do this…” Nathaniel’s smile was broad, but it didn’t reach his eyes. The tension in the room was palpable. “Why is that, love?”
“Can we really gain anything from initiating an apocalyptic war?” The laugh was subtle and menacing, and when Nathaniel’s voice rang out again, it was hoarse with contempt. “Not for you, but I will be King of All. And my son as well.” He approached Adrian with Sol’s dagger, an eternal prison, and struck him with it, sucking the young monarch into a prison lined with some of the worst creatures of all time.
“I’ll be damned if my lover will get in my way.” He smiled and walked out of the room, tucking Sol’s dagger into his belt.