- 3000: Luna and Sol marry, beginning a reign of terror over creatures unlike gods. Luna wants a child but Sol refuses to give her one. She cheats on him with a charming stranger, bearing twins, and lying about their origin.
- 3102: Anika and Adrian take the throne after the accidental death of their father. Anika begins freeing angel slaves, and the kingdom is unhappy about this. A mysterious stranger decides to intervene, seducing Adrian in order to get to Anika and overthrow her.
- 3109: The stranger reveals his name and face. Nathaniel successfully overthrows Anika. Anika makes friends with an angel, an ancient warrior, and a hybrid whilst roaming the Aigon Forest. Anika moves in with the hybrid, Otirik, and they marry.
- 3112: Otirik and Anika have two year old twins, and a war is brewing. Platt lies in ruins and most of the gods are dead, aside from Anika who is in Aigon, Adrian, who became disillusioned and is now locked away, and Kitten, who is going her own way, completely unaware.
- 3115: Kitten has married and given birth to a baby girl, with Slenderman. She is visited by the angel Jasper, whom she is unaware is working for Nathaniel, who asks her to consider arranging a marriage between her daughter and his newborn brother. She agrees. She finds out that Anika is living near her, and goes to meet her, catching up and agreeing to raise her children should something happen to them.
- 3117: Jasper follows kitten when she is visiting Anika, finding where she lives and calling an army to destroy them. Kitten flees with the children, and Anika and Otirik are slain by Nathaniel’s own hand.
- 3125: Estrella becomes the new queen while Nathaniel slinks back into the shadows. Her brother grows jealous and kills her, then kills himself out of guilt. With nobody left, the line of demigods remains as the royal class, desperate to claim the power they once knew, leaving them open to the hardships and manipulation Nathaniel is so good at.
- 3126: Emily gives birth to a girl who is the love child of her and her betrothed. But she falls in love with another, driving Orion mad, until he is intent to kill them. But instead he ends up killed, or believed so. His body was never found.
- 3152: Many uneventful years passed, and then Sapphire met a stranger. He was charming mysterious, and altogether dangerous. She ran away with him, leaving no trace.
The Candy Kingdom had been out of sweets for quite some time, and the citizens became cranky. Nyan hadn’t been home in quite a while, and when he arrived, he found the place in total disarray. Confused, he asked the people what the problem was.
They explained that they were out of sweets and couldn’t make any more because there seemed to be a tip in the balance to the dark side. He would either have to return the balance to its normal state, or bring love into the kingdom.
Nyan squirmed. He couldn’t figure out what to do. So he travelled far and wide to gather sweets to appease his kingdom, only returning to drop them off, and then travelling more. This is how he met Anika.
Deep in Aigon Forest, a hardly noticeable door lay beneath an inconspicuous pile of leaves. The door lead into a deep bunker which was about a mile long and several hundred feet wide with the entrance opening into a cavernous room on the south wall, and a series of storage, bedrooms, kitchen, restroom and sick bay along the north wall.
Piled in the southwest corner of the big room was junk and unused parts. Just a few feet away from this was a two by six foot chute that lead to a deep furnace. It’s smell gave the impression that garbage, human waste, and dead bodies all went into this furnace. The furnace safely disposed of the waste and filtered the unsanitary bits out as it piped the heat into the rooms through vents on the floor and into the oven if the vent switch were open. Clean outside ventilation ducts with filters lined the ceilings. Otherwise, this mysterious abandoned bunker was empty.
His boots made a light, echoing sound as he made his way across the vast expanse. He stopped and flipped open his burner phone, surprised to see he had service down in this tin can. He punched in the numbers and held it up to his face. He heard the telltale “click” that someone answered, but there was no reply. Speaking in code, he said, “Hello, Dad? Just calling to say thanks for helping me out. The new house is magnificent. Plenty of room for my dogs and my collection. Anyway, tell mom I love her.” He snapped the phone shut, removing the battery and then squeezing the flimsy plastic in his left hand until he heard the phone shatter.
In a remote village in Mexico, a stranger erected a new shop full of foreign goods of questionable origin. There was a strange aura about the shop, and the people who shopped there mentioned a different “appearance” of the shopkeeper. Soon, the village noticed mysterious sounds at night, that of a banshee, and then some people who shopped at the shop started to die. That’s when the terrifying blue lady showed herself in he town square.
She seemed to float a few inches off of the ground. Her body was very corpselike, and her magical presence could be felt by all. “I would like to introduce myself to those who do not know me.” Her dual voices chilled the crowd. “If you need any magical wares, you come to me. If you come to me, I own you. If you disobey, I kill you. Any questions?” The crowd erupted in hushed voices amongst one another, and the word “bruja” (witch) could be heard repeatedly. She silenced them. “Yes… From now on, I will be known as Bruja. If you try to harm me, I will kill you. Now, you are all dismissed.” With that, Bruja made her way back to the shop.
A man was waiting for her inside. he had a bandana over his face, a hood covering his head, and a pair of shades hiding the color of his eyes. “You have a way with words, Bruja.” She stared at him. He paused and then continued. “I want to purchase one of your magical wares. I need something that can help me manipulate my surroundings with only my mind.” She nodded, then produced a kabuki mask with black and red markings on it. “When you wear this mask, you can manipulate anything that doesn’t have a mind of it’s own. If the mask comes off, the power ceases until you return it to your face. It comes at a hefty price…” He cut her off. “I’ll take it, here’s all of the gold I have as payment.” She grinned and gave him the mask. “Best wishes. I’ll be in touch very soon.”
Nathaniel descended the stares into the dungeon holding a book and a bottle of wine. The guards let him into Elia’s cell. She was chained to the wall and in very bad shape. He smiled and offered her a drink of the special wine.
“Drink, for this is my blood.” He let loose a howl of laughter after that made her reluctant to drink. But having not eaten or drank anything in quite a while, she took a sip. It tasted funny.
After she sipped, he stepped back and started reading form the book in Plattian. She started to feel warm, and then her body elongated and her hair flew about her as if blown by an unseen wind.
She pulled herself free of her restraints, revealing rows and rows of pointed white teeth. She unhinged her jaw and let out an ear piercing scream, killing the guards and knocking Nathaniel down. That’s when she escaped and Nathaniel picked himself up, dumbfounded. “Have I just created a monster worse than I?”
Nathaniel walked the full length of the palace in seven minutes. He was eager and hungry. The guards presented a young woman with incredible insight. She stared at him unblinking, and he licked his lips. “Leave us.” he motioned for the guards to leave.
“What is your name, young lady?” She wouldn’t answer him, her eyes squinting slightly with effort. “I see you’re going to make this difficult Elia.” he smiled. “I like that.”
She hissed at him. “Your amount of power is impossible for someone supposedly human. What are you really?” He grinned again, his teeth now pointed and glinting pure white, his hair flowing about him as if blown by a massive unseen wind. His body elongated and the ground around him lit with blue flames that didn’t actually burn anything.
“I don’t know what I am, but I know what I want.” He approached her, and she screamed and tried to get away, but to no avail. In just an instant, his mouth was on hers, draining her of her power and life force. But something within her intrigued him, and he spared her life.
She lay on the ground, breathing labored breath. He returned to his human state and tapped his finger on an ornate tabletop. “I think I can use you for something. I’ll see you soon.” He left the room and the guards collected her. She sent dagger stares at his back before they took her back to the dungeon.
After fifty years of war, Jasper grew bored and released Valu at the gate of the Kingdom of the Fey. The fairies hadn’t seen war in quite some time, and going up against angels who had been at war most of their lives took it’s toll.
The shields were down and the town lay in ruins. As he walked, he saw men women and children laying in the rubble. He rushed to them only to find them long dead. He found himself in front of the palace, and walked inside.
Having been a part of a long and brutal war, the palace was largely untouched. There was something rather eerie about the emptiness. His steps echoed in the large halls and his heart was pounding in his ears.
He reached the throne room, praying to see his parents waiting for him with outstretched arms. When he opened the large tomb added to the room. Reading the description, this was the final resting place of his mother.
He started to cry and called out for his father who did not answer him. Searching the palace for hours, he finally found him in the ballroom. The large windows once overlooked the beautiful kingdom, but now it overlooked ruins death. It was here that his father took his own life.
The only thing Valu could do was accept his new reality. He moved his father to his mother’s tomb, took some gold from the treasury, and set the kingdom on fire. He stood in the tree line watching everything he had ever known burn to ash, before setting off for a new life.